Lord Vishnu shrine Badrinath to reopen on May 10
The auspicious hour for reopening the gates of the famous temple was announced on the occasion of Vasant Panchmi Sunday at the residence of erstwhile Tehri royals in Narendra Nagar. Located at a height of 10,279 ft above the sea level in Chamoli district, Badrinath temple which is dedicated to Lord Vishnu has closed annually during winter when the area is snowbound.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- UPDATE 1-Rugby-Bastareaud back as France turn on power against England
- TN budget: 1 lakh concrete houses to replace huts in cyclone hit areas
- UPDATE 2-Rugby-Bastareaud back as France turn on power against England
- UPDATE 1-Brazil's Vale evacuates 500 people from dam area in preventive measure
- Kumaraswamy promises new industrial policy with focus on backward areas