Karnataka: Dissenting Congress MLAs speak about issues with party leaders
Announcing his comeback, Karnataka Congress MLA Mahesh Kumathalli said: “I have small issues with my party leaders, there was some miscommunication. I was not satisfied with some of the party decisions. As this is a budget session, I have come back.”
Another dissenting Congress MLA, Umesh Jadhav also spoke of facing similar issues with his party leaders. “I had small issues with party leaders in my constituency. I will discuss those issues separately. Mallikarjun Kharge is a big leader, I can’t speak anything against them. I'll speak at the appropriate time. I have come to attend the budget session,” Umesh said.
On Monday, CLP leader Siddaramaiah and Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister G Parameshwar had met Karnataka Speaker Ramesh Kumar to submit the request for disqualification of the four dissenting MLAs from the Karnataka Assembly.
The four Congress MLAs - Ramesh Jarhikoli, Umesh Jadhav, Mahesh Kumatalli and N B Nagendra – did not attend the state budget session as well as the CLP meeting despite a whip issued by the party. (ANI)
- TMC has destroyed secular forces in Bengal by poaching on MLAs, MPs: Cong leader
- Largest opposition party of Hungary, Jobbik on brink of dissolving after massive fine
- Soccer-Qatar celebrate Asian Cup title with Omanis, wait for Doha party
- C'garh journalist covering BJP meet thrashed by partymen
- South African party EFF promises to nationalise mines in election manifesto