Kolkata Metro services disrupted due to power supply breakdown
Metro Railway services were disrupted Wednesday due to a breakdown in the power supply to a Kavi Subhash-bound rake, shortly after its departure from Dum Dum station. The train, which halted on the tracks at 1 pm, was immediately evacuated and passengers had to walk back to the platform at Dum Dum station, Metro spokesperson Indrani Banerjee said.
The Railway Protection Force (RPF), Kolkata Police and state disaster management personnel, apart from Metro Railway officials, escorted the passengers to the platform, she said. Truncated services were being run between Belgachia station in the north and Kavi Subhash in the southern part of the city owing to the snag. Banerjee said work was on to rectify the problem and restore normal operation.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- NBWs issued against two Pak Army officials in 26/11 terror attacks case
- It's shameful that govt officials acting as TMC cadres in WB: Adityanath
- Bihar train mishap: UP CM asks officials to render help to people affected from state
- Ahmedabad airport 'bomb threat call' a hoax: Officials
- Some CBI officers forcefully taken to police station from outside Kolkata Police commissioner's residence: Officials.