Idol missing from Pattatharasi Amman Temple in Tamil Nadu
A panchaloha idol of Goddess Amman was found missing from a temple at Papanaickenpalayam in the city, police said Wednesday. Devotees noticed the idol missing from the sanctum sanctorum of the Pattatharasi Amman Temple.
The offering box kept in the front of the shrine was also found broken open, police said. 'Panchaloha' is a term for traditional five-metal alloys of sacred significance used for making Hindu temple idols.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Thai party nominates Princess Ubolratana Mahidol as their PM candidate
- Kumbh: Winter chill fails to dampen devotees spirit to take third shahi snaan
- Sunday 'shahi snaan' on Basant Panchami to witness 2 crore devotees at Kumbh
- Over 2 cr devotees to take holy dip on 'Basant Panchami' at Prayagraj Kumbh
- Devotees prefer early-morning dip at Kumbh to avoid rush, reach back home in time