STF arrests man, recovers ancient idols worth Rs 2.5 crore
The Special Task Force (STF) of Crime Branch of Odisha Police Wednesday arrested a man after two ancient idols worth more than Rs 2.5 crore were recovered from his possession, a police officer said. On a tip-off the STF team Tuesday night raided the house of one Sayed Zilnoor alias Kaka alias Raja (46) at Jadupur village near here.
Zilnoor was arrested Wednesday after the idols were recovered, STF DSP, P R Satpathy said adding that a case has been registered against him. The weight of the idols was found to be 18.440 kg and 12.060 kg respectively. The cost of the seized idols would be around Rs 2.5 crore in international market, he said.
The DSP said the idols were made of 'Asta Dhatu' (eight metals) and there was no document with the accused in support of his posession of the idols. In another incident, Excise officials Wednesday arrested a student of a private engineering college after seizing 83 gm brown sugar from his possession, police said.
PTI AAM RG RG.
- SC verdict will strengthen moral of officials: Mamata
- Kenyan officials to participate in roadshows in China to multiply investment inflows
- MHA has recommended proceedings against Kumar for 'indisciplinary behaviour' and violation of all India service rules: Officials PTI ACB ABS SMNSMN
- Home Ministry asks West Bengal government to initiate disciplinary proceedings against Kolkata Police Commissioner Rajeev Kumar: Officials.
- Safeguarding citizens' rights on social media: Par panel summons Twitter officials