With the last date for withdrawal of candidates coming to an end on Monday, a total of 82 candidates are in fray in the five constituencies that would go to polls on April 23 in the third phase in Bihar. Briefing media persons, joint chief electoral officer Pravin Kumar Gupta said that a total of 82 candidates have remained in the fray for third phase in the state after four candidates - two from Araria while one each from Supaul and Madhepura- withdrew their papers on the last date of withdrawal of nomination.
With this, 17 candidates are left in the poll fray in Jhanjharpur, 12 in Araria, 20 in Supaul, 13 in Madhepura and 20 in Khagaria, Gupta said. Giving details of seizure in Bihar since the enforcement of model code of conduct, the joint CEO said that authorities have, so far, seized Rs 4.27 crore unaccounted cash including Nepali currency of Rs 30.27 lakh from different parts of Bihar.
Twenty eight nomination papers were filed Monday for five seats - Darbhanga, Ujiarpur, Samastipur, Begusarai and Munger which would go to polls in the fourth phase on April 29, the joint CEO said. Prominent among those who filed papers on Monday include - Bihar BJP chief Nityanand Rai, JD(U)'s Rajiv Ranjan Sinh alias Lalan Singh and RJD's Abdul Bari Siddiqui..
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)