Hyderabad: Atleast 50 injured during Diwali celebrations
The injured were brought to government-run Sarojini Devi Eye Hospital late Wednesday night and in the early hours of Thursday.
According to doctors, at least eight of them sustained critical injuries in their eyes. The remaining had minor injuries and they were sent home after treatment.
The injured include people belonging to all age groups. A doctor said they included those bursting the crackers and the passersby. A 65-year-old woman travelling in an auto-rickshaw sustained critical injury when a 'rocket' hit her.
In neighbouring Andhra Pradesh, a fire caused by firecrackers gutted four houses. The incident occurred in Vijayanagaram district. There was no loss of life.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Harman International in talks with large automobile firms in India
- Michelle Catherina takes sole lead in international women GM tourney
- Hockey Punjab beat Chandigarh 3-1 in Hockey Senior Nationals
- Haryana women wrestlers pick 7 gold in Junior Nationals
- Indian National Autocross Championship concludes