About 60.50 lakh individual household toilets constructed under Swachh Bharat
According to the ministry, around 4.7 lakh public toilet seats have been constructed so far. The target set under the mission was 5.07 lakh public toilet seats.
On the occasion of the "World Toilet Day" , the government also released Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for cleaning of sewers and septic tanks for field staff who respond to sewer overflows or spills.
More than 12,000 public toilets have been built in Delhi since 2015, the ministry said.
"This has been achieved by the construction of nearly 60.53 lakh individual household toilets (against a mission target of 66 lakhs; i.e. 91.7% constructed and under-construction against the target)," Mishra said in an official statement.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Tourism ministry advises states to identify accident prone 'selfie' spots
- Northeastern states brace for Lok Sabha polls as EC kick starts preparations
- Kamala Harris, Tulsi Gabbard to campaign in early-voting states in Feb
- Health ministry scrambles to assist states in containing swine flu cases
- BJP promise of ensuring fiscal autonomy of states trashed by Modi: Congress Spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi