Suspension of 45 Lok Sabha MPs likely to be revoked
"You have all the rights if members violate the rules. You have already punished them. I would humbly request you to kindly allow them to take part in the proceedings from Monday onwards. Kindly revoke their suspension," he said.
Responding to his request, Mahajan sought an assurance from the AIAIDMK leadership and said she will discuss the issue with all the leaders of the parties.
"I am ready but I want assurance. I am not saying no. We must have a meeting. We will see," she said.
Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Arjun Ram Meghwal said that the issue can be discussed with the leaders of all parties.
Mahajan on Thursday acted tough suspending 21 members of the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and AIADMK for four consecutive sittings for causing "grave disorder" by tearing papers and throwing them towards the Chair.
The Speaker's action came as members of the two parties were agitating near the Speaker's podium shouting slogans in support of their demands like special status for Andhra Pradesh and against the proposed dam on the Cauvery river in Karnataka, issues on which they have been protesting ever since the start of the session.
- AIADMK symbol and name could still be Sasikala's, Delhi HC reserves verdict
- AIADMK name dispute in HC to end soon as court reserves verdict
- Govt failed to solve unemployment problem, says AIADMK
- Organising secretary of AMMK, other office-bearers and workers join AIADMK
- Interim Budget the 'election manifesto' of BJP, says AIADMK