UK expresses concern about citizen detained by Russia for spying allegations
Britain is extremely worried about Paul Whelan, a dual U.S./UK citizen who has been charged with espionage in Russia, British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt said on Friday. Russia's FSB state security service detained Paul Whelan, 48, in Moscow last Friday on suspicion of spying. "We are extremely worried about Paul Whelan, we have offered consular assistance," Hunt said. "The U.S. are leading on this because he is a British and American citizen."
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Detained refugee wins Australia's top literature prize with his debut book
- Vande Bharat Express to provide speed, service and safety to citizens: FinMin
- Assam: Three men stage nude protest against Citizenship Bill
- 3 Manipur students' bodies condemn President remark on Citizenship Bill
- Citizenship bill won't violate provisions of Assam Accord: Sonowal