Lalit Kala Akademi hosts exhibition where common people can connect to reality
The quotidian life of common people and their predicaments will find a visual expression in artist Ranjan Kauls exhibition "Staying Alive", to be on view at the Lalit Kala Akademi here starting Thursday. Kaul, a former Managing Director of Oxford University Press India, has depicted the myriad moods, emotions and dynamics of everyday life in his exhibition.
The treatment in the artist's works is layered, with use of abstraction and simplification to emphasise form and expression. In this solo show, the artist will be showcasing 45 works in various mediums. The exhibition will remain open for public viewing till February 20.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- NFL people calling, thanking me for signing criminal justice bill: Trump
- UP: Nine people booked in connection with cases of cow slaughter
- Govt to invest NZD 21 million to ensure more people can access digital services
- Devastating floods in Australia force evacuation of thousands of people
- Why India needs an Index focused on how people are feeling