Opposition CPI(M) to hold 2-day conference in Tripura
Party workers and leaders were being attacked by the activists of the ruling coalition and they were also facing in distributing the state party mouthpiece, 'Daily Desher Katha', CPI(M) state secretary Bijan Dhar alleged.
"We have invited General Secretary Sitaram Yechury, former general secretary Prakash Karat and politburo member Brinda Karat to join the state conference. However, whether they would be able to attend it is yet to be confirmed," Dhar told reporters here. He said there would be no public meeting as part of the state conference.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- China's Xinjiang camps in controversy again as activists demands UN probe
- Saudi authorities face allegations of torture of detained activists
- Activists flag concerns about Papua highway threatening environment, indigenous people
- Cong activists protest against right-wing group in Jammu
- Lawyers in Sudan push for release of activists, security forces use tear gas to disperse them