Modi expresses grief on demise of Ambareesh, Sharief
Prime Minister Narendra Modi Sunday condoled the demise of former Union ministers C K Jaffer Sharief and Ambareesh, and recalled their contribution in the development of the nation and raising people's voice.
In a series of tweets, he said Ambareesh will be remembered for his memorable performances as an actor and extensive contribution to politics.
Modi said Sharief enriched parliamentary proceedings.
Kannada actor and politician Ambareesh have passed away at a private hospital in Bengaluru on Saturday due to cardiac arrest. On Sunday, veteran Congress leader and former Union minister C K Jaffer Sharief passed away at a private hospital also in Bengaluru following a cardiac arrest.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Ex-CEC Krishnamurthy backs donations for political parties by only family members
- Nath orders flat allotment after rape victim's family is asked
- My crime is that a person born in a poor family is challenging their sultanate: PM
- Cryptocurrency firm CEO death raises debate over transferring assets to family
- SC refuses to entertain sacked IPS officer Bhat's plea seeking family's security