Pressure on Macron mounts as protest over fuel tax enters second week
Scattered protests continued Monday as drivers blocked roads from the Pyrenees to Brittany.
Macron promised to explain on Tuesday his plans for weaning France off fossil fuels, the reason for the small tax hikes.
Tense clashes Saturday reached Paris' high-end Champs-Elysees.
Cauchy said protesters should respect the media after journalists were attacked, chased or threatened while covering Saturday's events.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- British plc's risk appetite falls to lowest level in nearly a decade: Deloitte
- UPDATE 1-Grammy-nominated rapper 21 Savage arrested by ICE, faces deportation
- Ibaka helps Raptors cruise past Clippers
- Venezuela's Maduro flatly rejects EU's call to snap presidential elections
- Highway collapse in Bolivian capital claims 11 lives, 20 injured