DMK president urges people to strengthen Constitution of India
DMK president M K Stalin Monday appealed to people to work towards strengthening the Constitution of India. In his message on the Constitution Day, he said it guarantees fundamental rights of equality and justice to every citizen of India.
"The Constitution of India guarantees Fundamental Rights of equality and justice to every citizen of India irrespective of caste, religion or gender," he said in a tweet. "On #Constitution Day, let us rededicate ourselves to the spirit of the Constitution and work towards strengthening it," Stalin, also Tamil Nadu Leader of Opposition, added.
Constitution Day, also known as Samvidhan Divas, is celebrated on November 26 to commemorate the Constitution being adopted by the Constituent Assembly on November 26, 1949. It came into effect on January 26, 1950.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Here's what people think about TN budget; Stalin terms it disappointing
- Stalin steps up demand of by-polls for vacant seats in Tamil Nadu assembly
- Stalin flays PM Modi's recent functions for skipping national and Tamil anthems
- 'Fake news' on Stalin's famine still festers: Polish director
- Stalin criticizes BJP govt for alleged control over governors