Panneerselvam's brother sacked from AIADMK for 'anti-party' activities
The ruling AIADMK Wednesday sacked its coordinator and Tamil Nadu deputy Chief Minister O Panneerselvam's brother O Raja from the party for alleged anti-party activities.
The decision to sack Raja, a former panchayat body chief hailing from Theni district, was announced by Panneerselvam and Joint Coordinator K Palaniswami.
Palaniswami is the Chief Minister of the state, while Panneerselvam is his deputy. The two leaders, in a short statement, said that Raja has been sacked from all posts, including the AIADMK's primary membership.
The action was taken "for going against the party's policies and bringing disrepute to it," they added. "From today onwards, Raja is being removed from all posts, including the primary membership," they said.
Raja had violated party discipline, the two leaders said and urged AIADMK workers not to have any contact with him.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Brexit: British PM May heads back to meet EU leaders in Brussels
- BJP leaders disrupt Karnataka Assembly proceedings for 2nd day
- EU leaders to attend meeting for discussing plan for future course of Venezuela
- In poll year, leaders have compulsion to make charges: Modi
- Most oppn leaders on bail, Corrupt will continue to fear me:PM