Rajasthan CM Gehlot assumes charge, holds meeting on loan waiver
The newly appointed CM held meetings in this regard with the chief secretary and officials of the finance, agriculture and cooperative departments, they said. The Congress had promised in its election manifesto to waive off farm loans within 10 days of coming to power.
Before taking charge, Gehlot offered floral tributes to a statue of Mahatma Gandhi and thereafter offered prayers at a Ganesh Temple on the Secretariat premises.
Later, the chief minister met Governor Kalyan Singh and returned to the chief minister's office to hold other meetings, the sources said. It was his first meeting with the governor after taking oath as the CM.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Australia's finance industry inquiry doesn't suggest individual criminal charges
- UPDATE 1-Ex-Mozambican finance minister revives South African bail application - lawyer
- Indostar Capital snaps up CV loan portfolio of IIFL Finance
- Madras HC quashes PIL seeking direction to Finance Min to bring back black money
- Ex-finance minister P Chidambaram produces more documents to court in INX media case