BJP may face heavy losses in LS polls, if corruption isn't controlled: Party MLA
A Bharatiya Janata Party legislator has written to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, levelling allegations of corruption against officers of Sambhal district. In a letter dated January 3, Gunnaur constituency MLA Ajeet Kumar Yadav said, "Owing to the corrupt practices of the officials in the district, the mood of the people have turned against the state government. If corruption is not controlled, then the BJP may have to face heavy losses in the Lok Sabha elections."
The BJP MLA told reporters that most of the officials in the district were corrupt. He also alleged that dustbins, which cost around Rs 200-300, were purchased at around Rs 12,000. "Apart from this, in villages, despite no electricity connection, electricity bills is sent to the people," he added.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Won't contest LS polls: Himachal Cong chief
- Pb minister Gurmit Sodhi expresses keenness to contest LS polls from Ferozepur
- SAD-BJP to discuss strategy for LS polls soon, says Sukhbir Badal
- Modi attacks Cong for using farm loan waivers as gimmick ahead of LS polls
- Over 12 lakh youth expected to exercise franchise for first time in 2019 LS polls