NDA shouldn't make Ram temple, triple talaq issues as election planks: LJP
After Nitish Kumar-led JD-U, another BJP ally LJP on Saturday warned that Ram temple and triple talaq issues are dangerous for the ruling NDA at the Centre. Lok Janshakti Party MP Chirag Paswan, son of party chief Ram Vilas Paswan, said the NDA should not make both issues as election planks. "Both issues will harm NDA in the Lok Sabha polls," said Chirag. Chirag, who is LJP's parliamentary board chairman, told media in Sheikhpura district in Bihar that development should be the NDA's main election issue, not 'temple or talaq'. Earlier senior JD-U leader K.C. Tayagi said Ram temple and triple talaq were not the agenda of his party.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Cong govt in MP increases honorarium of temple priests
- VHP says Hindus will not leave others in peace until a grand Ram temple is build
- Lalu Yadav terms interim budget as 'basket of lies', Nitish Kumar sounds positive
- Mohan Bhagwat raises hopes for Ram Temple; asks people to tread cautiously
- BJP wants grand temple of Lord Ram to be built in Ayodhya at earliest: Shah