Lebanese finance min Khalil assures Eurobonds holders, says committed towards them
The Lebanese finance minister told Reuters on Thursday that ideas for managing the public debt and its structure are still being studied after he was cited as saying the ministry was readying a plan for public debt restructuring.
Ali Hassan Khalil also said Lebanon was determined to abide by its commitments towards issuances of Eurobonds and those who hold them and would continue to issue them according to the "same commitments and standards". Lebanon would not violate any terms of its Eurobonds, he added.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Nigeria govt to spend USD 110m in reconstruction of 9 public buildings
- UPDATE 1-Lebanese c. bank governor: dollar offered in market since government formed
- Banksy' painting "Love is in the Bin" to open for public display
- Tens of thousands attend unprecedented public celebration of Mass by Pope
- Zayed stadium witnesses historic feat as Pope holds public mass with over 170K people