Maduro to launch political, legal action against US over PDVSA sanctions
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro pledged to retaliate against the United States for its new sanctions on state oil company PDVSA. "I have given specific instructions to the head of PDVSA to launch political and legal action, in US and international courts, to defend the property and assets of Citgo," PDVSA's US-based subsidiary, Maduro said on state television Monday.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- UPDATE 3-To Florida's Venezuelan exiles, Pence vows more pressure on Maduro
- UPDATE 1-Venezuelan general urges military to disavow Maduro as opposition stages rallies
- Venezuelan air force general declares allegiance to Guaido
- UPDATE 2-Venezuelan general defects as anti-Maduro rallies draw huge crowds
- UPDATE 3-Maduro proposes new parliament vote as Venezuelans protest