Former Himachal CM Virbhadra diagnosed positive for swine flu
Congress leader and six-time former Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh was diagnosed positive for swine flu, doctors said on Tuesday. His condition is stable. He was admitted to the Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital in Shimla on Sunday with congestion and breathing trouble. Late on Monday, he was diagnosed with the H1N1 virus. Forty-four people have so far tested positive for swine flu in the state. Eighteen patients were reported in Kangra district, followed by 12 in Shimla. Nine lost their lives due to the virus, officials said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Officials assure work to reopen Jammu-Srinagar highway after heavy snowfall
- China cracks down on CPC officials in Tibet having religious beliefs, secret links with Dalai Lama
- FIR against AAP MLA for obstructing railway officials from conducting anti-encroachment drive
- China corruption regulator disciplines more than 80 officials linked to vaccine scandal
- Petronet Limited in talks with officials to use Natural gas in place of diesel