Probe agencies to go after all accused in Chanda Kochhar case
It is learnt that the Justice Srikrishna Enquiry Report will be forwarded by the ICICI Board to all the probe agencies -- CBI, ED, IT and SFIO -- and overarching regulatory bodies, the RBI, SEBI and the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, for immediate action and to go after the accused in the controversial Videocon loan case involving law violations and conflict of interest duties.
This comes in the wake of the disclosure of the Justice Srikrishna Committee report which has indicted Chanda Kochhar for violation of the bank's code of conduct and conflict of interest duties in the controversial Rs 3,250-crore loan for the Videocon Group, a part of which went to a company run by her husband Deepak, that will cost her various financial benefits.
- Aussie dollar languishes near two-week low after central bank's dovish shift
- Trump nominates David Malpass for World Bank president
- UPDATE 1-National Australia Bank says CEO, chairman to resign after inquiry criticism
- RBI decides to raise criteria for 'bulk deposits' for banks to Rs 2 crore
- World Bank provides Afghanistan $235 mn for development