Deputy Chairman Harivansh tried to take up the motion of thanks on the Presidents address to Parliament but the MPs kept raising slogans. Amid the din, the Chair adjourned the House for the day. Earlier, the House was adjourned till 2 p.m. amid din.
Rajya Sabha adjourned for the day
The Rajya Sabha was on Tuesday adjourned for the day soon after it met after lunch. As soon as the House was reconvened at 2 p.m. after an earlier adjournment, opposition members came near the Chair's podium, shouting slogans against the government.
READ MORE ON : The White HouseHigh chairFormer Presidents ActParliamentRocking chairChairHousePresidentsopposition membersMember of ParliamentUnited States of AmericaRajya SabhaLongwood HouseHarivanshPresidents CupRoad HousePrime ministerMassage chairAll the President's Men
- Dalai Lama represents spirit of resiliency of Tibetans: US House speaker Pelosi
- SBI chairman says linking of deposit rates with repo rate will speed up transmission
- Jet Airways bailout possible if all conditions met by stakeholders: SBI chairman
- UPDATE 1-UK won't accept Brexit deal that puts union at risk - PM's party chairman
- 5 injured as LPG cylinder blast triggers house collapse Ghaziabad 09 March ('