Priyanka in Jaipur, to accompany Robert Vadera to ED office on Tuesday
Last week in Delhi, Vadra was subjected to intense interrogation by the ED in connection with a money laundering probe against him for his alleged role in procuring assets abroad in an illegal manner. The fresh summon by the ED comes after the Rajasthan High Court directed Vadra and his mother to cooperate with the ED, as Vadra did not report to the agency even after being sent three summons in the land scam case earlier.
Vadra and his mother's statements shall be recorded under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA). A criminal case was registered by the ED in connection with the Bikaner land deal made in 2015 after studying FIRs and charge-sheets filed by the Rajasthan Police on complaints made by the Bikaner tehsil office about alleged forgery in the land allotment.
- UPDATE 1-Australian court bars new coal mine project in landmark win for green lobby
- Cricket-Poor Windies tour can open doors to England test side - Buttler
- UPDATE 1-Thailand to investigate disappearance of Vietnamese asylum-seeker
- AgustaWestland chopper case: Delhi court seeks agencies' reply on alleged middleman Christian Michel's bail application by Feb 12.
- UPDATE 1-Finland's basic income trial fails to spur employment