Arunachal CM against tabling Citizenship Bill in Rajya Sabha
"We have requested the Home Minister not to table the Bill in the Rajya Sabha as there is lot of hue and cry in the northeastern states," Khandu said. Khandu, who is heading a BJP government in the border state, had been so far defending the bill which is facing strong opposition from civil society groups and the opposition Congress in his state and across the northeast.
- UPDATE 2-John Dingell, longest-serving member of U.S. Congress, dead at 92
- UPDATE 1-John Dingell, longest-serving member of U.S. Congress, dead at 92
- US Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez unveils ambitious plan to combat climate change
- John Dingell, longest-serving member of US Congress passes away
- Four sustain injuries in dual explosion in Manipur's capital town