Cabinet clears amendments to add new tribes in Chhattisgarh STs list
"After the Bill becomes an Act, members of the communities newly-listed in the revised list will also be able to derive benefits meant for Scheduled Tribes under the existing schemes of the government," he said. Some of the major schemes of this kind include a post-matric scholarship, national overseas scholarship, national fellowship, top class education, concessional loans from National Scheduled Tribes Finance and Development Corporation, and hostels for ST boys and girls, Goyal added.
"In addition to above, they will also be entitled to benefits of reservation in services and admission to educational institutions as per government policy," an official statement said.
- What US communities think about usage of Taser amid increasing number of deaths
- Bainsla threatens to revive stir for 5 per cent quota for Gujjars, other communities
- Gujjar leader protest for reservation to 5 communities in Rajasthan
- China govt creates 1,029 boreholes costing $20m in Ghana’s remote communities
- Pb: Two communities clash in Phagwara , 3 injured