Cabinet clears three-year extension for National Commission for Safai Karmacharis
The government said that the major beneficiaries of the proposal would be the safai karamcharis and persons engaged in manual scavenging in the country since the panel would work for their welfare and uplift. The Commission had been giving its recommendations to the government regarding specific programmes for welfare of safai karamcharis, study and evaluate the existing welfare programmes for them and also investigated cases of specific grievances.
Also as per the provisions of the Prohibition of Employment as Manual Scavengers and their Rehabilitation Act, the panel had been assigned the work to monitor the act's implementation, tender advice for its effective implementation to the Centre and state governments and enquire into complaints regarding contravention or non-implementation of the provisions of the Act.
- This is Satyagraha and I'll continue till country is saved: Mamta Banerjee
- Mamata to continue her "Satyagraha" till country, its Constitution are "saved"
- Children escape to countryside in Mongolia due to fear of harmful winter smog
- My 'satyagraha' will continue till country is saved: Mamata Banerjee
- Kolkata incident threat to federal political system of country: Rajnath Singh