U.S. troops in Poland to stay around previous levels, foreign minister says
The number of United States troops in Poland will be kept "more or less at previous levels", the Polish foreign minister said on Friday, as he thanked President Donald Trump for his announcement about sending 5,000 extra soldiers to the country.
"I want to thank President Trump for his announcement that the rotation, the presence of American troops, in Poland will be maintained more or less at previous levels," Radoslaw Sikorski said ahead of a NATO summit in Sweden. Earlier this month the U.S. had cancelled plans to deploy 4,000 U.S.-based troops to Poland.
Google News