Thousands of devotees witness Maha Samprokshanam of Lord Saneeswara temple
Puducherry Chief Minister V Narayanasamy Monday joined thousands of devotees in witnessing the Maha Samprokshanam of the famous Lord Saneeswara Temple at Tirunallarin Karaikal district. The holy event is being held after a gap of 14 years.
This temple at Tirunallarin Karaikal district in Puducherry is the only one dedicated to Lord Saneeswara in south India. It attracts a large number of pilgrims from various parts of the country every day. The temple was renovated for the consecration and Yagasala poojas commenced on February 3. Soon after the consecration, a mega yagna-- 'Chandeeswara homam' began.
Karaikal district Collector A Vikranth Raja and Senior SP Mahesh Kumar Barnwal supervised the arrangements for the Maha Samprokshanam. Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation and Puducherry Road Transport Corporation had made arrangements to run special buses from various places, officials said..
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Ganga tributaries in Uttarakhand safe enough for pilgrims to take holy dip
- 179 Kashmiri students appearing in GATE exam airlifted to Jammu, 180 pilgrims flown to Srinagar
- Lord Ram is 9th Paigambar, claims BJP leader Vinay Katiyar
- Mexican drug lord 'El Chapo' found guilty by NY jury
- Delhi blaze: 3 Buddhist pilgrims from Myanmar among dead, woman guide jumps off 2nd floor to escape