Rays announce plan to reduce seating
The club said it would add some premium seating to its lower level, but that will still leave Tropicana Field with about 10,000 fewer seats than any other venue.
"These renovations mark our continued commitment to providing a first-rate fan experience at Tropicana Field ... Together, in concert with the reduction in seating capacity, these investments will help create a more intimate, entertaining and appealing experience for our fans," said Rays president Matt Silverman in a statement released by the team.
Cleveland's Progressive Field seats just over 35,000 and is the next lowest capacity among MLB stadiums.
- Soccer-Sheffield United Women's Jones charged with racist abuse
- Sikkim Democratic Front to field new faces in 50 pct Assembly seats: CM Chamling
- Bangladesh inks 4 MoUs with India in field of capacity building, training programme for bureaucrats
- UPDATE 1-Soccer-Iwobi, Lacazette lead Arsenal to win at Huddersfield
- Soccer-Iwobi, Lacazette lead Arsenal to win at Huddersfield