Soccer-Foot injury makes Neymar a doubt for Champions League clash
The Brazilian had fractured the same metatarsal last February and required surgery that effectively ended his club campaign. He returned to action in May, in time for the World Cup in Russia. "Neymar is worried, because it's the same foot, the right foot, in the same area," PSG manager Thomas Tuchel told reporters.
Tuchel criticised the referee for not protecting the Brazilian when Strasbourg's players repeatedly fouled him. "The referee didn't whistle on one occasion, then two, then three and after that he ended up twisting his foot," he added.
PSG face United at Old Trafford for the first leg of the Champions League round of 16 clash on Feb. 12. PSG, who hold a 13-point lead in Ligue 1 with 53 points from 19 games, return to league action on Sunday when they host Rennes. (Reporting by Rohith Nair in Bengaluru Editing by Amlan Chakraborty)
- "Kleptocrat’s club" aspiring to capture reigns of power: Jaitley
- Anuna aims to provide relief to e-comm players under new e-commerce Policy
- UPDATE 2-Woman held after blaze in chic Paris area kills 8, injures 30
- Train services through coal-bearing areas in Dhanbad to resume from Feb 20: Railways
- Odisha CM accuses Modi govt of ignoring backward areas