Andy Murray undergoes hip resurfacing surgery in London
Former world number one Andy Murray has undergone a hip resurfacing surgery in London, the 31-year-old said on Instagram on Tuesday. Three-times Grand Slam winner Murray has struggled to regain form since undergoing a hip operation last January and was knocked out in the first round of the Australian Open, having said that the tournament could be his last as a professional. "I now have a metal hip," Murray wrote in a post on Instagram following his surgery on Monday. "Feeling a bit battered and bruised just now but hopefully that will be the end of my hip pain."
(With inputs from agencies.)
- UK prepares secret plans to evacuate Queen, if riots break out in London post-Brexit
- Clowns from across world gather in east London for annual memorial of legend Grimaldi
- Taking a look at how Brexit woes has impacted London's financial outlook
- SBI UK chief awarded 'Freedom of the City of London'
- Karl Marx tomb smashed, defaced in London; listed as heritage asset