FIFA said in a statement that it would hold 51 percent of the shares, and the Qatar Local Organising Committee 49 percent. "Today, we take a major step in the organisation of the biggest single-sport event in the world," said FIFA Secretary General Fatma Samoura. (Writing by Brian Homewood; Editing by Hugh Lawson)
Soccer-FIFA, Qatar announce joint venture to deliver 2022 World Cup
Global soccer body FIFA says it has set up a joint venture with Qatar to deliver the 2022 World Cup which will be held in the Gulf state.
READ MORE ON : Biological organisationFIFA 17Brian HomewoodQatar AirwaysFIFA 14QatarFIFA 16Cinema QatarQatar PetroleumworldQatar Local Organising CommitteeorganisationFatma SamouraFIFAIndian Space Research OrganisationGulf stateRegistered training organisationHugh Lawson
- HOLD-Rugby-World Rugby says new league proposal includes promotion-relegation
- REFILE-Rugby-World Rugby says new league proposal includes promotion-relegation
- VP applauds Paraguay’s growth rate at time world facing economic difficulties
- Digité, Inc. launches world's first eXplainable AI-enabled product 'RISHI'
- Peru hosts world's largest mass sacrifice site with dozens of skeletons