Soccer-Man United charged by UEFA over bottle thrown at Di Maria
The Argentina forward joined United in 2014 for a then club record 59.7 million pounds ($76.88 million) but an underwhelming debut season under then-manager Louis Van Gaal led to his departure to PSG a year later. United were also charged for the blocking of stairways, while PSG have been hit with four different counts with the travelling fans alleged to have set off fireworks, thrown objects and committed acts of damage along with other crowd disturbances.
The case will be heard by UEFA's control, ethics and disciplinary body on Feb. 28. French champions PSG won the first leg 2-0 with second half goals from Presnel Kimpembe and Kylian Mbappe.
($1 = 0.7765 pounds) (Reporting by Hardik Vyas in Bengaluru, editing by Pritha Sarkar)
- Priyanka will draw crowds but not win votes for Cong: TRS
- Soccer-Super League would have cost big clubs their popularity - Ceferin
- Soccer-Premier League clubs to maintain cap on away ticket prices
- Colombia's migration office cancels 300 entrance passes of Maduro supporters
- Fire engulfs in Brazilian football club facility, 10 dead