Tennis-Wawrinka powers into Rotterdam quarter-finals
"Tonight was a really good level, that is for sure," Wawrinka told reporters. "It is one of the best matches I have played in many months now. So far I have (played) two great matches (in Rotterdam), tonight was a great performance." Three-time Grand Slam winner Wawrinka was delighted with his workout as he had been beaten by Raonic in their last three meetings.
"I was feeling great physically, so that is how I can start to engage the rally. I was returning better because I reacted better and that gave me way more chances to be aggressive.” Earlier on Wednesday, Damir Dzumhur notched up his first victory of 2019 when he outwitted third seed Stefanos Tsitsipas 6-4 1-6 7-5 in an opening round match. (Reporting By Nick Said, editing by Pritha Sarkar)
- Reporters tell trial alleged Brussels museum killer held them hostage
- Tennis-Wawrinka prevails in tricky Rotterdam opener
- Nearly 1.7 mn jailed since 1979 Iranian revolution: Reporters Without Borders
- Tennis-Monfils overcomes Wawrinka to lift Rotterdam title
- Rotterdam port could face serious issues in case of a no deal Brexit, say authorities