SPAL were awarded a penalty of their own on the hour and Andrea Petagna tucked away what proved to be the winner. Ranieri has been put in charge until the end of the season after the departure of Eusebio Di Francesco and began his tenure with a 2-1 win over Empoli.
Soccer-Roma top-four hopes hit by defeat at SPAL
Claudio Ranieri's AS Roma side suffered a blow to their top-four hopes in Serie A as they went down to a surprise 2-1 defeat at struggling SPAL on Saturday. Mohamed Fares gave SPAL a 22nd-minute lead but Diego Perotti's penalty 10 minutes after halftime levelled it up.
READ MORE ON : InterAlfred NobelEusebio Di FrancescowinnerPublic housingEd OsmondDiego PerottiThe Children's PlaceMilanInter MilanA.C. MilanMasterchef (UK)Friends in Low PlacesAndrea PetagnaSPALAS RomaplaceSerie AClaudio RanieriFrance Inter
- Malaysia becomes 124th member of International Criminal Court
- IndiGo offering 3-day special Holi sale across domestic, international network
- Czech National Bank may raise interest rates once or twice in 2019 - banker
- Amnesty International discloses Amade Abubacar’s critical condition in Mozambican prison
- Former Defence Minister: Prime Minister sacrificed national interest by ignoring report