Left Menu
Development News Edition

Atletico will take Griezmann grievance to FIFA: press

PTI | Madrid | Updated: 13-07-2019 17:09 IST | Created: 13-07-2019 17:09 IST
Atletico will take Griezmann grievance to FIFA: press

Madrid, Jul 13 (AFP) Atletico Madrid will challenge the amount Barcelona paid to acquite Antoine Griezmann's transfer, Spanish media reported on Saturday. Sports daily AS said Atletico will go to FIFA, the governing body of world football, to argue that Barcelona owe more than the 120 million euros ($135 million) release clause deposited by a lawyer for the player on Friday.

AS wrote that Atletico wants to have both Barcelona and Griezmann punished. Contacted by AFP on Saturday, the club refused to comment.

Atletico complained that Barcelona and Griezmann negotiated the deal before the buy-out price dropped from 200 million euros at the start of July. "Atletico Madrid believes that the termination of the contract took place before the end of last season," the club said in a statement on Friday, adding that Griezmann had made that clear in his actions and words.

Atletico said in a statement that Griezmann had gone to the headquarters of Spanish Football League to "unilaterally" break his contract after Barca met the release clause, and added they had already "begun appropriate procedures" to defend their "rights and legitimate interests". (AFP) APA APA


TRENDING

OPINION / BLOG / INTERVIEW

3D printing and the future of manufacturing post COVID-19

The on-demand, customizable, and localized manufacturing of product components facilitated by 3D printing has the potential to redefine manufacturing but there are certain technical, mechanical, and legal limitations that, unless ...

How UK’s 'best prepared' healthcare system failed to gauge COVID-19

The UK is proud of their public health system and its unlike any other country as around 90 percent of British public supports the founding principles of National Health Service. But without accurate data being available to stakeholders in ...

Poor on IHR capacity progress in 2019, WHO says Cambodia tops COVID-19 response

Despite being in proximity to Hubei, the original epicenter of COVID-19 pandemic, Cambodia has reported just 226 confirmed cases and zero deaths. After seeing the data, WHO appreciated Cambodias healthcare information system but experts dou...

Loopholes in Healthcare Information System may have failed Singapore COVID-19 model

In the initial days of the COVID-19 outbreak, Singapore was in the limelight for its effective healthcare system and pandemic response plan. However, Singapore has now joined the list of the worst-hit nations and the situation is even worse...

Videos

Latest News

Sumit Nagal gets direct entry into singles main draw of US Open

Young Indian tennis player Sumit Nagal has received a direct entry into the US Open singles main draw after several top players pulled out of the Grand Slam starting August 31. The world no.127 was the last man to receive direct entry into ...

Lebanese survey devastation after massive Beirut explosion

Residents of Beirut awoke to a scene of utter devastation on Wednesday, a day after a massive explosion at the port sent shock waves across the Lebanese capital, killing at least 100 people and wounding thousands. Smoke was still rising fro...

M&M to launch all-new version of Thar on Aug 15

Automaker Mahindra Mahindra MM on Wednesday said it will launch the new version of its SUV Thar on August 15. The all-new Thar will be a quantum leap in terms of technology, comfort, and safety features compared to the previous generation ...

PM offers prayers at Hanumangarhi temple

Ahead of the foundation-stone laying ceremony of the Ram temple in Ayodhya, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday offered prayers at the Hanumangarhi temple here. Accompanied by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, the prime mi...

Give Feedback