Mumbai varsity 'graduates' to online degrees regime
In a recent RTI query, Galgali sought details of the degrees already deposited with the NAD. In the reply, the varsity's senior systems programmer said that the entire process was initiated in February 2018 and for the five year period - 2014-2018 - a total of 8,99,060 degrees from arts, commerce, science, management, law and technology have been uploaded on the NAD. While the maximum number of degrees - 193,398 -- were awarded in 2014, the lowest - 189,538 - were given in 2018.
Out of the total degrees, Commerce command the lions share with 3,98,650 followed by Arts stream at 150,680, said Galgali. The figure for Technology degrees was 129,603, for Science 111,625, Management 76,851 and Law 31,652.
"This is indeed a commendable initiative of the government and helps curb the use of fake educational certificates or degrees and prevents the lengthy process of verification as in the past both for the students, educational institutions and other stakeholders," Galgali said.
- My government's budget a historic step for welfare of farmers and working class: PM Modi at Matua Mahasangh event.
- Central Government declares Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) as an 'unlawful association'
- Government to use technology to seal Bangladesh borders along Bengal and Assam
- India wants US to release students detained in university fraud at the earliest
- Odisha tribals neglected under BJD government: Netam