Naomi Nye's "Kindness" most popular poem in 2018
Poetry readers this year have been in the mood for kindness.
More than 250,000 people in 2018 clicked on to the poem, which features such lines as "It is only kindness that makes sense anymore, only kindness that ties your shoes."
Nye, 66, said in a statement that she was inspired to write the poem after she was robbed on a bus in Colombia and a man, whom she remembered as an "Indian in a white poncho," was murdered.
She praised a passing stranger who asked what happened and was thankful to have her pencil and notebook and to be alive.
Nye's books include "Transfer" and "Red Suitcase."
(With inputs from agencies.)
- PRESS DIGEST- British Business - Feb. 4
- Soundarya Rajinikanth to tie the knot with actor-businessman Vishagan
- Powerful explosion in busy market in Somali capital: police
- Private bus involved in accident at Himachal's Kangra; 33 injured, 11 critical
- 22 people injured after bus falls into gorge in Himachal's Kangra