Khadi turnover rose three-fold to Rs 2500 cr in previous fiscal
State-run Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has said the sale of Khadi products rose over three-fold in the last three fiscals and 'Khadi Express' train will be run to create awareness about the segment.
"We have written a letter to Indian Railways for running a Khadi Express train which would exhibit Khadi products linked with Mahatma Gandhi in view of his 150th birth anniversary," KVIC Chairman Vinai Kumar Saxena told PTI BHASHA.
The five-bogie Khadi Express train would also have the facility to sell the Khadi products to people and will run through all those places in the country where Mahatma Gandhi had stayed. The train will be stationed at those stations for one day.
The number of sales outlets for Khadi products has been increased to 1,060 in the last four years, he said adding exhibitions were organised in 50 countries on October 2 to create demand for such products.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- This is Satyagraha and I'll continue till country is saved: Mamta Banerjee
- NFL people calling, thanking me for signing criminal justice bill: Trump
- Mamata to continue her "Satyagraha" till country, its Constitution are "saved"
- UP: Nine people booked in connection with cases of cow slaughter
- Govt to invest NZD 21 million to ensure more people can access digital services