Birla Corporation enters in chemicals, additives market for boost in revenue
Birla Corporation, the flagship company of the M P Birla Group, has entered the construction chemicals and wall putty segments as additives, the company said Friday. Birla Corporation is one of India's top cement makers, with an annual production capacity of 15.5 million tonnes. Sales of construction chemicals and additives in India are expected to grow at a compounded annual rate of around 15 per cent till 2025, the company said in a statement citing research.
A wide variety of chemicals and additives are being developed and used in new age construction, and the market for these is expected to grow both vertically and horizontally, the company said. The introduction of these products will create a significant new revenue stream for the company, it said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- DIARY-Emerging Markets Economic Events to March 29
- FOCUS-Budweiser spends big on Super Bowl, targets small markets
- Budgetary announcements lift Indian equity market during pre-noon trade
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Weak China data pauses Fed-inspired rally in stocks
- Sterling above market level ahead of factory survey data