Chinese yuan strengthens against US dollar
The central parity rate of the Chinese currency renminbi, or the yuan, strengthened 116 basis points to 6.7356 against the US dollar on Tuesday, according to the China Foreign Exchange Trade System.
In China's spot foreign exchange market, the yuan is allowed to rise or fall by 2 percent from the central parity rate each trading day, Xinhua news agency reported. The central parity rate of the yuan against the US dollar is based on a weighted average of prices offered by market makers before the opening of the interbank market each business day.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Hong Kong faces proliferation of wild boars in Chinese New Year of the Pig
- New Year of the Pig: Chinese urged to eat less pork and help save planet
- Parliament informed about anti-dumping measures taken against Chinese products
- US tariffs hit Chinese economy 'very badly', says Trump
- UPDATE 1-US warns European allies not to use Chinese gear for 5G networks