Odisha's second airport to resume flight operations from March 31
Commercial flight services at the Veer Surendra Sai Airport in Jharsuguda, Odisha, is likely to resume on March 31, airport director S.K. Chauhan said on Saturday. Low-cost carrier SpiceJet will start operations from the airport to Delhi, Kolkata and Hyderabad. "As per the tentative schedule, SpiceJet has planned to start flights from the airport in the summer schedule, beginning March 31. The private airlines has decided to launch its flights to New Delhi, Kolkata and Hyderabad," said Chauhan.
A team of the SpiceJet officials on Saturday inspected security and infrastructure facilities at the airport. The airport, Odisha's second, was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on September 22, 2018. But operations stopped at the airport after scheduled commuter carrier Air Odisha suspended its services on October 6 citing technical reasons.
Later, the Ministry of Civil Aviation cancelled Air Odisha's licence in November 2018 citing poor performance. Now the airport will be connected to Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Mumbai, Raipur, Hyderabad and Delhi under the 'Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik' (UDAN-3) scheme.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- SC orders transfer of Muzaffarpur shelter home case from Bihar to New Delhi court
- SC shifts Muzaffarpur shelter home horror case trial to New Delhi
- Indo-Africa Strategic Economic Co-operation session holds in New Delhi on Feb 6
- New Delhi, Feb 7 (PTI) These are the top stories from the northern region at 9.30 pm
- Muzaffarpur sexual abuse: SC orders case transfer to New Delhi court