HP under Rs 49,745 Cr loan burden till January 2019: CM Thakur in Assembly
The total loan burden on Himachal Pradesh has reached Rs 49,745 crore till January 2019, Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur informed the State Assembly during the ongoing budget session Wednesday. In a written reply to the assembly, the CM said, the maximum limit of taking a loan by the state government has been fixed at 3 per cent of the gross domestic product (GDP), which has been estimated at Rs 4,524 crore for 2018-19.
The state government has taken a net loan of Rs 1,838.75 crore till January 15 during the current financial year, he added. The state government has not taken up the matter with the centre for waiving the state loan, the CM further said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Himachal will implement 10 pc quota for economically weaker sections of gen category: CM Jai Ram Thakur
- CM Jai Ram Thakur loses temper in Himachal assembly replying to Congress leader's jibe
- Jai Ram Thakur admits to use helicopters in more than 60 pct of state tours
- Jai Ram Thakur assures efforts to keep Army Training Command in Shimla
- Jai Ram Thakur assures start of Renukaji dam construction within 2019