Temasek gives fresh boost of Rs 270 crore to Dr Agarwal's Healthcare
Dr Agarwal's Healthcare Wednesday said it has raised Rs 270 crore from global investment firm Temasek for expansion and investment in technology. "We believe their (Temasek) expertise and support will help our company expand our network of clinics and operations to better meet the growing demand for affordable and quality eye care across India," Dr Agarwal's Healthcare Chairman Amar Agarwal said.
The investment will be used to expand the geographical footprint in India along with significant investments in the latest technology, the company said in a statement. Dr Agarwal's Healthcare CEO Adil Agarwal said: "We are looking at adding anywhere between 50-75 hospitals to our network over the next 3-5 years with a major focus on metro cities as well as tier 2 and tier 3 towns."
The expansion will be done through a mix of strategic partnerships, acquisitions and greenfield hospitals, he added. "Innovation and technology will continue to be at the forefront of our growth, and we will be investing more in cutting edge technology such as SMILE, FemtoLaser and Robotic Cataract Surgery across our centres," Adil Agarwal said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- Indian embassy opens hotline for students detained by US authorities
- New Zealand's Guptill expected to stay out of fifth ODI against India
- REFILE-Tech lobby takes India to task over plans to police online content
- Why Indian infrastructure sector needs to focus more on revenues to boost development
- Davis Cup: Bopanna-Sharan win doubles tie 2-1 to haul India back into contention