SEBI to strengthen investigative efforts over issues of corporate governance
Earlier in January, news website Cobrapost had alleged that DHFL was involved in a fraud. This triggered a heavy sell-off in DHFL stock. The pharma major, Sun Pharmaceuticals saw a similar fate when a whistleblower alleged the promoters were involved in corporate malpractice.
Analysts have attributed such cases being one reason for retail investors to shy away from participating in the markets.
- MFs ask Sebi to give more time to Essel Group's promoters to rope in strategic investors
- Essel promoters open to selling over 50% of their stake in ZEEL, in talks with over 2 buyers
- Essel promoters to ditch stake in ZEEL as it moves ahead with debt repayment plan
- Ethical cryptocurrency foreseen by banking sector's most wanted whistleblowers
- Cong workers, analysts, husband and BJP, Priyanka under watchful gaze of many