Left Menu
Development News Edition

OBC reservation to be introduced in Sainik schools from 2021-22: Defence Secretary

Defence Secretary Ajay Kumar on Friday said 27 per cent seats in Sainik schools will be reserved for other backward classes (OBCs) from the academic session of 2021-22.

PTI | New Delhi | Updated: 30-10-2020 18:52 IST | Created: 30-10-2020 18:22 IST
OBC reservation to be introduced in Sainik schools from 2021-22: Defence Secretary
Representative image Image Credit: ANI

Defence Secretary Ajay Kumar on Friday said 27 per cent seats in Sainik schools will be reserved for other backward classes (OBCs) from the academic session of 2021-22. The Sainik Schools Society, which works under the Ministry of Defence, manages 33 such residential schools in the country.

"OBC reservation to be introduced in Sainik Schools from the year 2021-22," Kumar said on Twitter and posted images of an October 13 circular that was sent to principals of all Sainik schools across the country. The circular said 67 per cent of the seats in a Sainik school are reserved for candidates from the state or the Union Territory in which the school is located and the remaining 33 per cent is reserved for those who come from outside that state or UT. These two lists will be termed List A and List B. The circular said within each list, 15 per cent seats are reserved for Scheduled Castes, 7.5 per cent seats are for Scheduled Tribes and 27 per cent seats are for non-creamy layer OBCs.

It stated this reservation policy will come into effect from the academic session of 2021-22..


TRENDING

OPINION / BLOG / INTERVIEW

Turbulence surrounding tobacco control in Ghana

... ...

Refugee compassion and response: Ideas to mitigate disasters now and in their future

Their homeland becomes a forbidden territory for them and more likely than not, their journey to foreign soil is no less traumatizing, not to say deadly. It is crucial to help refugees live a life of dignity and purpose....

Inadequate water infrastructure causes a tidal wave of coronavirus in rural Alaska

... ...

Videos

Latest News

Pandemic silver lining: empty Paris hotel shelters the homeless

In normal times the Hotel Avenir Montmartre is a tourist magnet with its views of the Eiffel Tower and the Sacre Coeur church, but COVID-19 has scared off the usual guests. Instead, the hotel has opened its doors to the homeless. The hotels...

UPDATE 1-Finland to vaccinate healthcare staff first against COVID-19

Finlands government said on Thursday it had agreed a national strategy for COVID-19 vaccinations, planning to give them to everyone, beginning with selected healthcare staff from January.Finlands goal is to protect the entire population by ...

I am a son of Bengal, will continue to serve the people : Suvendu

Disgruntled TMC leader Suvendu Adhikari Thursday said he will continue to serve the people of the state as a son of Bengal and India. His comment came amidst speculations over his next political move following the impasse in the dialogue be...

NIA arrests man for running human trafficking racket under guise of placement agencies in Delhi

The NIA has arrested a man for his alleged involvement in running a human trafficking racket under the guise of placement agencies in Delhi, an official said on Thursday. Gopal Oraon 28, a resident of Jharkhands Khunti, was arrested on Wedn...

Give Feedback