ML grabs Indians' attention on Coursera in 2018: Report
Owing to the growing demand for emerging technology experts, Machine Learning (ML) was the most subscribed subject by Indians on Coursera in 2018, the US-based online education company said on Wednesday.
"Technology is playing a crucial role and transforming the way we work and hence it isn't surprising to see tech courses dominating the list. With an aim to transform lives, we strive to bring about courses to teach the most in-demand skills," said Raghav Gupta, Director - India and Asia-Pacific, in a statement.
Further, five states in India, namely Maharashtra, Karnataka, National Capital Region, Tamil Nadu, and Uttar Pradesh accounted for 59 per cent of all Coursera learners in the country, the company noted.
This indicates that more learners across the country are picking up online learning, driven by better technological infrastructure, affordability and the growing recognition and acceptance of online certificates and degrees by employers.
"Indians place enormous value in the power of education and often perceive it as a means of social and economic mobility. The country is sitting on an untapped goldmine -- a demographic dividend in an otherwise ageing world," Gupta said.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- "International politics can't base itself on ultimatums": Venezuela's Maduro
- NFL-Glady Knight's national anthem costs betting company dearly
- REFILE-NFL-Gladys Knight's national anthem costs betting company dearly
- Sonia, Rahul Gandhi start cross examination of complainant in National Herald case
- Indian national pleads guilty to role in dangerous human smuggling conspiracy