Ranveer Singh starrer "Gully Boy" trailer to release on January 9
Actor Ranveer Singh on Friday took on a hip-hop style to announce that the trailer of his upcoming movie "Gully Boy" will release on January 9. The actor treated his fans by sharing on social media a one-minute video in which he can be seen rapping the song "Asli hip hop" from the film. Also featuring actors Alia Bhatt and Kalki Koechlin in pivotal roles, the Zoya Akhtar directorial "Gully Boy" is a film about Indian street rappers and their struggles. Ranveer, who is essaying the character of an underground rapper, had earlier said he is closely attached to the story.
"It is a very special story, one that I am closely attached to. It is set against the backdrop of flourishing desi hip-hop scene coming out of Bombay (Mumbai). "It is the story which represents Mumbai in its true sense and the city is my hometown, these are my people, this is my language, so this is the story I am really attached to. It's an underdog story about a kid who broke through from great adversity in life to make it as a recording artiste," he added. "Gully Boy" is scheduled to release on February 14.
(With inputs from agencies.)
- RPT-Chinese contractor for Australia's AMP charged with stealing customer data
- AMP's Chinese contractor charged with stealing confidential customer data
- New inflation projections factor in possibility of fiscal slippages: RBI Guv
- Impact of various budget proposals factored into inflation: RBI Governor
- U.S. senators Warren, Warner question contractors, military on unsafe housing